Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow - I'm glad my grandfather's not around!

The first thing I thought today when McCain chose his running mate was "I'm glad Pepe's not around to see this!"  

Now I'm not saying he was a classic bigot or anything, but he was born in a different time and I have a feeling if he had to choose between a black man and a white woman he would have just stayed home.

Me on the other hand, I think it's a brilliant move by the McCain camp!  I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's a brilliant move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... this is certainly one heck of an historical election.

Monica said...

Agreed - TOTALLY brilliant move. OMG, I'm glad to have an election that's actually mildly interesting, unlike the last one. Is it just me or does she kind of look like Paula Abdul?