Saturday, September 27, 2008

pida on fwloor

My 2 year old has a tough time sleeping - I'd say 9 nights our of 10 she wakes up and my hubby being the softy he is brings her into our bed.  No big deal - I'm tired of s*x anyway and this gives me a great excuse to avoid it.

Last night he brought her in at sometime during the night and I didn't even realize it.  Several hours later she woke us up with a scream - so loud I actually jumped up.  She started crying and saying "pider bite lorelei!" "pider on fwloor" (for those of you that don't speak toddlereise that means "spider bite Lorelei" and "spider on floor").  We calmed her down and got her back to sleep.  

Poor kid obviously had a dream about a spider.  I know everyone dreams, but I'm at a loss as to how to explain this to her.  We watch TV so maybe I could tell her dreams are like TV and not real?  Will she understand that at this age?  Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

No comments: